Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 6

    We were assigned to do cross contour drawing of our shells. When doing these drawings we were instructed to consider a number of things. First was to make sure your drawing had a good long axis. Next was the placement and size of your shell compared to the paper. This is one thing I could of done better, my shell was a little small compared to the paper. We were instructed to try to not use outlines, and only use implied edges. I found this to be harder than I thought. It was hard to show an edge and have it not look like an outline. Another thing we were told to consider was to make every line different, and are the plane changes evident. I thought that my lines on my drawing all seemed to be different, however I had some trouble showing plane change. Overall I thought this was a good experience, I learned some good things and will try to use them in my next drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment