Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 3

   In the third week of class, we began to learn about the rib cage and spinal column. Once again we began doing 30 second gesture drawings, in which we were suppose to first draw the front or back spinal column. We learned this is very important to get right, when it comes to proportion. At first this was a bit challenging, but after a few quick drawings, I was able to see it right away on the model. Next we learned about the rib cage. We learned all different parts and how to look for it on the model. We were instructed to draw the rib cage, in the shape of an egg. At first this concept was a little difficult for me, after observing the model I began to see the bottom ribs, which helped me draw the egg like shape. Drawing in the manner of spinal column lines and the rib cage as an egg is very new to me, but I can see how once you understand the concept, it really helps you draw the figure properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment