Thursday, December 16, 2010

Charles Clay - Paper Extravaganza

This doesn't really have to do with drawing, but I stumbled upon this great work by Charles Clay. It's titled 'Paper Extravaganza'. These amazing paper installations are all hand cut out of paper. I really enjoy the bright colors and the cocoon like forms. In the blog people were questioning why this considered art, I found this to be very interesting, one comment I liked was someone said, 'this installation could be viewed as Contemporary, Concept, and Craft; an tangible idea to be sensed, experienced, shared, and appreciated. Mind Candy.' I felt the same way, this piece looks like tasty candy with the bright colors he used.




 

2 comments:

  1. These are really interesting, how it was done by layering paper and could be interpreted in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you incorporated different work from other artists that you enjoy instead of just posting for classes. These are really cool they remind me of my 3D design class where my class had to make sculpture out of paper- pretty sure this is a heck of a lot cooler. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete